Left photo: Dave Armstrong and Jackson McKinney; top right: Vernon Bryant, Allison Blaine and Chad Ortiz; bottom right: Elijah Parish, Josh Bottelberghe, Simon Parish and Alyssa Manlow
Congratulations to all of the student-athletes who competed in state championship games, meets and tournaments this winter. The following placed in the top 10:
- Madison Mollahan, Columbia River High School, fifth place
- Becca Gunderson, Columbia River, ninth place
- Emma McLean, Columbia River, 10th place
Columbia River placed second as a team. Members included Mollahan, Gunderson, McLean, Maddy Getz, Jenna Chinn, Mikayla Munger and Rileigh Chinn. Logan Burnett is their coach.
- Reagan Lorey, Hudson’s Bay High School, second place
- Halie Martin, Hudson’s Bay, fourth place
Hudson’s Bay also second as a team. Members included Lorey, Martin, Erica Morley, Jazzie Martin, Rin Birchfield, Alexis Sheldon and Lizzie Deloria. Pam Laughlin and Carla Soha are their coaches.
Skyview came in sixth as a team. Members included Kira Glass, Calista Schafer, Alyssa Sutton, McKenzie Sparano, Tiffany Tucker and Athena Mantalas. Eric Silvey and Jackie Gibbs are the head coaches.
- Allison Blaine, Hudson’s Bay High School, placed first in the 135-pound category, becoming the first female student to win a state wrestling championship for Hudson’s Bay. Vernon Bryant is her coach.
- Hikaru Abe, Skyview High School, placed third in the 105-pound category. Tori Sharpe is the head coach.
Logan Knudson, Columbia River High School, placed fourth in 152-pound category. Jose Delmoral is the head coach.
Jackson McKinney, Skyview High School, placed first in the 195-pound category. Dave Armstrong is the head coach.
- Josh Bottelberghe, Columbia River High School, first in 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard breaststroke and State Swimmer of the Year
- Rob Mead, Columbia River, second in 100-yard freestyle and third in 100-yard backstroke
- Sam Walker, Columbia River, ninth in 500-yard freestyle
- Daniel Ishchuk, Columbia River, 10th in 100-yard backstroke
- First in men’s 200-yard freestyle relay: Bottelberghe, Simon Parish, Ben Phelps and Mead, Columbia River
- Second in men’s 200-yard medley relay: Mead, Bottelberghe, Elijah Parish and Phelps, Columbia River
Columbia River placed fifth as a team. Alyssa Manlow is their coach.
- Sarah Ellis, Columbia River High School, second in vault, third in floor and ninth in all-around
Columbia River placed fifth as a team. Members include Ellis, Morgan Fitzer, Xia Webster, Hanna Dyer, Julie Fergus, Sarah McFatridge, Natalie Garcia and Elizabeth Lujano. Alicia Green is their coach.
Columbia River took sixth place. The varsity team included David Anderson, Jack Armstrong, Kiran Brar, Caden Dezort, Evan Dirksen, Brendan Geist, Kyle Gomez, Skylar Grote, Nasseen Gutierrez, Jacob Hjort, Nate Snook and Mason Waite. David Long is the head coach.
Skyview also placed sixth, earning the school’s first boys’ basketball trophy. The varsity team included Sean Boss, Jace Chatman, Lowell Dunmire, KB Fesehazion, Cole Grossman, Kyle Gruhler, Samaad Hector, Squeeky Johnson, Alex Schumacher, Jovon Sewell, Jacoby Thompson and Chris Webster. Matt Gruhler is their head coach.