Applications are available now to apply for the 2024-2025 American Indian Endowed Scholarship (AIES) awards.
The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) will accept signed and completed applications that are postmarked by March 1, 2024. Applications must be accompanied with all required attachments.
To download the application and instruction materials, go to https://wsac.wa.gov/american-indian-endowed-scholarship, and click “How do I apply?” (Adobe Acrobat Reader software version 11.0 or newer required).
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have close social and cultural ties to an American Indian tribe or community in Washington state
- Intend to use his or her education to benefit the American Indian community in this state
- Be enrolled full-time for 2024-25, beginning fall term, at a participating college or university in-state
- Have demonstrated financial need (as determined by the college financial aid office, per FAFSA)
- Be a Washington state resident
- Have not received a total of five years of this scholarship
There is a priority for upper-division and graduate-level students, however, all qualified applicants are considered. IMPORTANT: Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the selection committee.
A selection committee composed of representatives from the American Indian community in-state will review and score the applications. The number of scholarships and amounts awarded are based on the interest earnings available in the endowment. Scholarships generally range between $500 to $2,000 each for the academic year. Finalists are announced in the spring.
Mail the signed application, with required attachments, postmarked by March 1, 2024, to:
American Indian Endowed Scholarship Program
Washington Student Achievement Council
PO Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504-3430 (use PO Box if mailing US Postal Service delivery)
917 Lakeridge Way SW, Olympia, WA 98502 (use street address if via UPS or FedEx delivery)
Application instructions and information sheet