The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) | GEICO HBCU Changemakers Scholarship is proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs). Four (4) scholars will be selected to receive a need-based scholarship up to $10,250 for the 2021-2022 academic school year which can only be applied to verifiable costs associated with average tuition and usual fees.
- Be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior at an HBCU during the 2021-2022 academic school year
- Open to designated majors:
- Information Technology
- Current cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Must have submitted a completed 2021-2022 FAFSA to your current or prospective College or University
- Able to demonstrate a financial need
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
How to Apply
All applicants must:
- Provide the transcript (official or unofficial) for your most recently completed academic term-this should include your end of Fall 2020-2021 grades and cumulative GPA.
- Answer the following question (Video- up to 2 mins):
- At GEICO we pride ourselves in our commitment to providing outstanding community service. Whether that’s through community services projects, partnering with organizations that support equity and inclusion, or supporting educational programs that develop the next generation of leaders. We support and encourage the good works done by many of our 40,000 GEICO associates across the country. Tell us how you will apply your gifts, talents, and education to become the next changemaker?
Deadline: August 9, 2021 (12 PM EST)