Interested in coding? Then this REMOTE internship might be for you! NO coding experience is required. The ideal candidate just needs an interest in learning how to code. Student(s) will also have a growth mindset, a friendly personality, empathy for others, and excellent verbal communication skills. This role strikes a balance between learning how to code and communication tasks.
Students will work (online) with professionals in the tech industry at TechSmart. TechSmart is Seattle based EdTech company that empowers teachers to reach all students with coding and computer science. Every student deserves the opportunity to learn to code and make their mark on the world, regardless of their race, gender, socioeconomic background, or language. Students will gain tech startup industry experience, build a professional network, learn how to code in Python, and work with other high school students from across the state!
- Must be 16 or older upon application deadline
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Work 5 to 10 hours per week in remote intern position for 12-weeks (total experience with assignments is 90-hours)
- Winter cohort starts January 10, 2022
- Complete online assignments in career readiness
- VPS CTE & TechSmart will ensure student has necessary IT equipment to do this role from home
- Eligible to earn high school and credit at Clark College (for free)
- Commit to join online meetings on a reliable weekly schedule
- Complete online application – https://techsmart.breezy.hr/p/5a735d6d912c-techsmart-pre-apprenticeship-intern-program/apply
- Include a cover letter of 1-2 paragraphs highlighting why you’d like to join TechSmart and how you will be a good fit for this position
- This is a 5-10 hours a week role for 12 weeks
- Multiple positions available
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 15, 2021
TechSmart and VPS have an internship agreement where students can participate in REMOTE internships for 5 to 10 hours per week. NO coding skills required but student must have excellent communication skills. Sign on to Xello for more Opportunities! For more information on college enrollment, military opportunities, scholarships, and employment, for VPS students, login to Xello (via ClassLink or go directly to https://xello.world/en/).
- Xello Username is your VPS 6-digit student ID (the 6-digits in your VPS student email address)
- Xello Password is your 8-digit birthdate (MO-DA-YEAR). So if your birthday is July 9, 2005, your password would be “07092005”
It is recommended that you change your password after your first sign on! Parents can also be added to a student’s Xello account or check out futureme.vansd.org for student opportunities.