Although 2017 has come to a close, at Bay we are very excited for the new year of 2018 and all the great things to come. As a staff, we are focusing on the final weeks of first semester, and working to support students to be successful in all classes. Remember, the end of the first semester is January 26th. In order to support your student, it is important to check on, or continue monitoring, his/her progress in all classes. You may do this through Parent Access which allows you to check grades, attendance, and email teachers as needed. If you have not signed up for this access or need help logging in, please stop by or call the main office for assistance. Semester 1 finals will be held on January 25th (periods 1-3) and January 26th (periods 4-6), 2018. Semester break (no student attendance) will be Jan. 29th.
A few things are happening in January once we return from break.
- First, the counseling team will be finalizing semester 2 schedules. We typically do not make schedule changes unless there are extenuating circumstances, which make it necessary. However, if you or your student have a schedule concern for second semester, please have your child contact their counselor prior to Friday, January 19th, 2018.
- On January 18th, we will have our parent Open House/ Magnet Informational Night. We will be sending home more information in January with specific information and times. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about Hudson’s Bay ACES Magnet as well as all the resources available to our students and families. We hope to see you there, so please mark your calendars for January 18th!
In January we will also begin our busy schedule of important state testing. January marks the start of EOC make up testing for our seniors. We will be running Algebra and Geometry make up testing on January 10th and 11th respectively. More information on specific schedules and expectations for students will be coming in January. EOC make ups in January marks the beginning of a very busy testing schedule for our Bay students including:
- ELPA21 (for our ELL Students): Feb. 1st – March 30th
- SAT Testing @ Bay: March 7th
- AP Testing: May 7th -18th
- Smarter Balanced (Grade 10, 11 & 12) English/Language Arts and Math: March 14th – June 8
- EOC Spring (12th Grade – as needed) Algebra, Geometry: June 6th & 7th
**Please note that “windows” of testing can be adjusted based on updated state information.
We will send information on each testing session home as we get closer to the testing window**
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break and all students are refreshed and ready to get back to work when we return on January 2nd! I look forward to seeing you at our Parent Night on January 18th, or at an upcoming sporting event or Bay performance. GO EAGLES!
Hope to see you soon!!
Val Seeley, Principal